Saturday, February 12, 2011

stomach virus

just when I thought I was seeing the end of the tunnel to my upper respiratory infection I got hit with a stomach virus.

Thursday afternoon I started to feel nauseated on my way home from school and within two hours I was hugging the toilet watching my lunch and Lord knows what else come out of me. To make a long story short, I spent a couple hours at the Medico (which is a story in itself), a full night tossing, turning and frequenting the bathroom, and then the next morning/afternoon doing my best to eat just enough to take my antibiotic (for the ear infection I got last week) and sleeping waiting for my fever to go down. Needless to say it was a miserable 24 hours and it has been a rough last week. I have been hit with a lot back to back. And to top it all off I started with cramps this morning. Thank you mother nature. But the green grass on the other side of the is that (ideally) I should feel 100% in about 5 days and be good to go for at least the next 28 days!

thank you again for everyone that has been praying for me during this time of sickness. As i mentioned before being sick away from any thing that is familiar is more than hard. I have not missed home like I have this past week since I have been here. But I know that this too will pass and one day it will be just another memory to tell.

tomorrow Rosario is taking Stef and I to Santo Domingo (the capital). I think I am up for the trip and definitely don't want to miss out on the opportunity. I will bring my camera and be sure to put up a couple pictures and a post when I get the time in the next week or so.

Today I am taking it easy and enjoying time to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment